Mandy Sealy, founder and director of Base Fit was borne in the United Kingdom in 1972 as Amanda Evers. Her parents moved to South Africa when she was 5 years old, where she grew up in the northern districts of the greater Johannesburg area.
Her passion for horses has been a constant theme throughout her life as well as her preoccupation for fitness and creativity. In her 20’s, Mandy successfully competed on fitness stages in Johannesburg while she worked as a graphic designer. In 1999 she designed the logo for the newly formed Directorate of Special Operations called THE SCORPIONS.
Mandy then furthered her fitness career by moving overseas to manage gyms on cruise ships, first in Europe and then in the United States.
After returning to South Africa, Mandy founded and ran her first fitness-based business, Boot Camp South Africa, in 2001. This military-themed, outdoor training facility catered to people who did not necessarily enjoy a gym environment and was the first of its kind at the time.
It was during this period Mandy and her Boot Camp team:
- Co-ordinated 3-days in the BIG BROTHER house;
- Hosted FEAR FACTOR South Africa over a two-week period;
- Managed the 1-day action launches for two SONY PLAYSTATION games;
- Designed and managed the physical activities for 1 of the days during the MEN’S HEALTH ‘Look of the Year’ hosted in The Waterberg.
Mandy sold Boot Camp South Africa 8 years later and then went on to found Base Fit in 2011. She is still the director of Base Fit and her focus is on mindset development strategies with the aim to reach as many people as possible by upgrading the Base Fit delivery systems. Her objective is to nurture and grow her dedicated team of Base Fit leaders and expand Base Fit Internationally.
BASE FIT BEGINNINGS
In 2011 Mandy Sealy founded Base Fit, with the concept of creating fitness programs backed up with nutrition and mindset strategies to assist amateurs and weekend warriors in their chosen sports.
Base Fit’s programs proved hugely successful especially in the field of intense endurance sports such as Enduro dirt bike riding. Base Fit dedicated custom programs for this sport which has been perfected over the years.
Base Fit has grown from strength to strength over the last decade and is now helping wellness enthusiasts seeking to improve their lifestyle to one that is more active, functional and ‘alive’.
Base Fit is now a rapidly expanding, proudly South African brand with branches country wide, coupled with an App in the developmental stages.
We strive to be the world’s leading wellness and fitness company by achieving a 1-million strong vibrant community while employing the necessary fundamentals of wellness to create life-enhancing journeys.
Our modus operandi it to lead, educate, inspire and empower our clients to:
- Amplify their personal growth by living more consciously;
- Engage in a balanced active lifestyle;
- Obtain personal sporting accomplishments;
- Overcome self-limiting beliefs; and,
- Live beyond what is considered an acceptable healthy norm.
WE ARE HEALTHY, FIT, ENGAGING AND POSTIVE:
- Have physiques which inspire our clients, we adopt clean eating habits, and we are energetic.
- We are motivational, passionate, magnetic, compassionate, supportive, intuitive and fun loving.
- We are excellent communicators.
WE HAVE ACTIVE LIFESTYLES:
- We understand the value of enjoying physical and mental well-being.
- We are involved in fun active activities and sporting events.
WE EMBRACE CHANGE:
- As Base Fit is a growing company evolving at a rapid pace, we are high action takers, forward planners, big thinkers and growth orientated. We not only adapt quickly to change but embrace it with enthusiasm.
WE LIVE OUR BRAND:
- We eat-sleep-breath The-Base-Fit Way of doing things. Commitment to our brand as the leading fitness and active wellness authority is paramount.
- We have integrity, are fair and honest, and love serving our clients and extended Base Fit community as we are 100% sold on our brand and its proven results.
WE UNDERSTAND THE VALUE OF TEAM SPIRIT:
We work together harmoniously, meeting multiple times weekly to add value, develop a culture of team support and contribute to the growth of our Base Fit Brand.